Mercury insurance is a California-based insurance company that offers car insurance in 11 states of the United States. They have a network consisting of online and offline agents to conduct their business. California comprises 86% of its business.
The mercury car insurance company is basic but unique, it offers mileage-based insurance plans which is very rare in the market. Also, there are very few insurance companies out there that offer mechanical protection insurance plans and mercury insurance is, fortunately, one of them. Though, you cannot use any other add-on coverages to customize your insurance plan.
California indeed provides the largest chunk of business to mercury car insurance but 10 other states in the US provide it with a considerable amount of revenue as well. Additionally, along with car insurance, it offers home insurance services that are sold through a network of independent brokers.
Pros of buying mercury car insurance
- It has mileage-based insurance policies which are quite uncommon.
- It has quick online quotes available.
- It has mechanical protection insurance coverage which is also rare to find.
Cons of buying mercury car insurance
- Its services are available in 11 states only.
- Its insurance plans don’t cover motorcycles, classic cars, ATVs, and RVs.
- It gets a below-average rating for customer satisfaction.
Insurance coverage options: Mercury car insurance
Mercury car insurance company offers various options for standard car insurance. Like.
- Liability insurance – for any physical injury or damage you cause to others.
- PIP – Personal injury protections
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive car insurance
- Medical coverage
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
It also offers additional insurance coverages depending on your location. For instance;
- Rental car reimbursement coverage
- Rideshare insurance.
- Roadside assistance coverage
- Mechanical protection insurance
Factors that affect insurance cost
Every insurance company has its unique rates depending on the factors.
- Your driving records.
- Your location
- Your age
- Your vehicle type and its usage – business purpose or for personal use
- Miles’s coverage
- Insurance score – credit-based.
There are other factors as well, but they vary from state to state. The type of insurance you purchase and the price of your premiums.
Discount offers: Mercury car insurance
Mercury car insurance has various discount offers to help its clients achieve the best cost. However, the availability of the offer in your location must be checked as it may vary from state to state.
- Youth discount: student discount offer
- Loyalty discount: 15% discount on car and home insurance
- Safety discount: discount based on ticket-free driving record.
- Payment discount: auto-pay, full payment, e-signature, and Mercury Go program for Texas only.
- Professional discount: professionals like scientists, government officials, engineers, and educators are eligible for this discount.
- RealDrive: 5% discount on miles coverage after signup
Mercury car insurance: Availability
The 11 states where it offers its services include Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Oklahoma, Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, and Nevada.
How to get a quote: Mercury car insurance
Through their independent network of online and offline agents, you can get the quote. Precisely, to get an online quote dial 800-956-3728 or you can directly contact the agent as well. If you request the quote using your zip code which is not from the above-listed states, the company will connect you with a partnered insurance aggregator which will update you with offers via email.
How to file a claim: Mercury car insurance
To file a claim with Mercury car insurance, call the 24/7 claims hotline at 800-503-3724. Their agent will review your policy coverage and interrogate you about the incident. If you have taken the roadside assistance and rental car insurance; the company will be able to arrange towing help and repairs for you. You can also opt for your mechanic for repair or can go for the company’s auto shops.
Mercury car insurance reviews
The J.D power auto insurance company ranked Mercury car insurance 13th out of 15 insurance companies in California for overall customer satisfaction. It was ranked only in California and got a score of 787 out of 100 in customer satisfaction which is below the industry average.
The J.D power auto insurance company ranked Mercury insurance 22nd out of 25 insurance companies based on customer responses and the number of claims they have settled in the last six months.
Digital services experience
For digital services and shopping experience, Mercury was ranked 15th out of 19 insurance companies that offer the same services. The score is 15 points lower than the industry average. However, the company was ranked 11th out of 12 small-medium insurance companies.
For digital experience, it was ranked 5th out of 22 companies. This is the lowest it was ranked up till now.
Financial strength rating
Financial stability is an important aspect to consider while choosing an insurance company. The AM best rated the mercury car insurance with A (excellent) in financial stability which proves that Mercury insurance is a stable and top positioned company.
Conclusively, Mercury car insurance company fits best for basic and mechanical insurance services. Though, it is not for people who are more into e-services.
People have a misconception that as humans get old, they are not liable to drive
In the United States, it would be considered a crime to drive a vehicle with
In this modern era, the majority of people are more interested in purchasing an SUV
Due to coronavirus, many humans had to face unemployment around the world. This motivated individuals
Is the car well-equipped? Is the infotainment system simple? Is it easy to sit in